Once again I’ll be participating in Book Riot’s Read Harder Challenge. I’ve set up my spreadsheet to track my selections. I’ve scoped out what is available through my library and started placing holds. I’ve shared the link with others and preached the power of reading outside one’s comfort zone.
Are you up to the challenge? Here’s what’s in store for 2017:
- Read a book about sports.
- Read a debut novel.
- Read a book about books.
- Read a book set in Central or South America, written by a Central or South American author.
- Read a book by an immigrant or with a central immigration narrative.
- Read an all-ages comic.
- Read a book published between 1900 and 1950.
- Read a travel memoir.
- Read a book you’ve read before.
- Read a book that is set within 100 miles of your location.
- Read a book that is set more than 5000 miles from your location.
- Read a fantasy novel.
- Read a nonfiction book about technology.
- Read a book about war.
- Read a YA or middle grade novel by an author who identifies as LGBTQ+.
- Read a book that has been banned or frequently challenged in your country.
- Read a classic by an author of color.
- Read a superhero comic with a female lead.
- Read a book in which a character of color goes on a spiritual journey
- Read an LGBTQ+ romance novel
- Read a book published by a micropress.
- Read a collection of stories by a woman.
- Read a collection of poetry in translation on a theme other than love.
- Read a book wherein all point-of-view characters are people of color.
Let me know in the comments if you’ll take the challenge. Have a recommendation for one of the tasks? Leave it in the comments. If you participate and review books, leave your links in the comments, too.