Welcome back to Fitness Friday. I figure it’s time for an update on my progress:
- I’ve lost 72 pounds
- I’ve dropped four dress sizes
- This week alone I logged 250,000 steps on my pedometer.
Now that THAT’S out of the way, here is my actual update:
- I’ve lost fifteen pounds.
- I haven’t gone down in size, but some of my clothes are fitting better.
- I lapsed during Lent and ate fast food but that was only the second time in nine weeks that I indulged.
- I’m consistently getting 8,000 steps per day on my pedometer.
Fifteen pounds is a good place to be after three months. Most experts recommend a slow and steady pace with weight loss. Lose too much too fast and your body thinks it’s starving. Even with a sensible plan, dieters can reach a plateau. That’s why I’m not rushing anything.
While I want/need to lose more weight, I’m focusing on the smaller tasks that will lead me to my goal. This week, I worked on getting 8,500 steps per day. I packed fruits and veggies as snacks. I continued to log everything I ate. I skipped pop in favor of tea and water. A year from now, I not only want to be closer to my target weight, I don’t want to be the fool who gave up because she didn’t see fast results.