It’s that time again for Ten Things of Thankful. Here are the things that I’m thankful to have experienced this week.
1. A nearby library held is quarterly book sale last Saturday. I bought three bags of books for $4.00. Sure, I had to take a Tylenol PM that evening since I strained my shoulder carrying the books, but it was worth it. Our bookshelf is now overflowing.
2. Our local 4-H program offered a free holiday program last Sunday. There were over a dozen different stations offered with different craft projects. Philip had fun and had a chance to be creative.
3. We bought new boots for Philip just in time for the first snowy school day of the year.
4. The other night, I listened to Philip giggle himself asleep.
5. I got a 30% off coupon for the drug store just when I needed to go shopping for some essentials. I combined that with a $10 off coupon that I got for completing a survey. Score!
6. I’ve been on a streak of great audiobooks. It’s not just the stories themselves but the performances that I’ve enjoyed. (I’m hoping to write a post this month about some of my favorite readers).
7. I got to attend a professional workshop this week. And they served really tasty brownies for lunch.
8. Because the workshop was held at a location closer to my house than my job, I was able to put Philip on the bus before going and to meet him at the end of his school day.
9. The PTA at Philip’s school had a great fundraiser. They arranged for a truck from the Easter Seals to be parked at the school during conferences. I was able to take the clothes that Philip has outgrown and donate them. The PTA will get paid by the pound. Win-win!
10. Another week of NaBloPoMo is complete. I stepped outside my comfort zone with some fiction and poetry at the beginning of the week. I almost missed Thursday, but Philip brought home a project from school that day that provided a photo op. Whew!