Last Friday stunk. It was one of those days that I was glad when it was over. Plus, it was a good thing I had been drafting my Ten Things of Thankful list throughout the week because the events of the day made me think I’d never been thankful for anything ever again.
But things were looking up by Saturday. Still, we were all exhausted by day’s end. Both Peter and Philip were asleep by 7 pm. Peter got up around 1:30 am, but Philip SLEPT ALL NIGHT.
That’s number one on this list. I’m thankful that I got to stay in bed for almost eleven hours. Because I was still feeling a bit stressed, I didn’t stay asleep the whole night, but I woke up without my body hurting on Sunday morning, so I’ll take it.
2. I’m thankful we had a gift card for Denny’s. We ate breakfast on Sunday morning after our good night’s sleep. Plus, we used a coupon and now have enough leftover for another visit.
3. I’m thankful that I earned this badge.
Sure, not all my followers are real (hello, spambots!) but I’m thankful for the real people who are reading. Thank you!
4. Last week I forgot to mention that I was thankful that I did NOT have to report to jury duty. Now, some of you may cry “foul!” because I claimed to be thankful about the opportunity. And I was. I was disappointed to phone in last Monday night and find out I was no longer needed. My disappointed was soon replaced by gratitude, however, when I realized that I had no way to get down my street on Tuesday morning. I never would have made it to court on time due to the overnight snowstorm. So, yes, I’m thankful that jury duty was canceled.
5. I’m thankful our home warranty came through again. This week, it covered the replacement of our sump pump. The new pump has a better design, so we’ll avoid issues of having the float catch on the side.
6. I’m thankful that the pump failed when the weather was cold. Eventually, all of the snow will melt and there will be a lot of water. I’m glad we have a new pump ready to take it all away.
7. I’m thankful I was chosen to be interviewed for this month’s “Who’s on Fourth” feature over at the yeah write. I appreciated the positive feedback and support. Plus, it just goes to show that yeah write is a lovely community where you don’t have to win all the time to feel like you belong. Heck, I didn’t even manage to enter a post on the challenge grid this month, but I still feel like I contribute by reading and voting. You can join, too, by linking up with the Weekend Moonshine Grid.
8. I’m thankful that I got paid today. I really hate getting paid once a month. Sure, it’s all the same money, but I miss getting paid every other week.
9. I’m thankful I was able to take the day off. This morning, we visited the school where Philip will attend kindergarten next year. I think it was good for us to meet the principal and the head of the special education department before it comes time to write Philip’s IEP for fall.
10. Since I got paid today and had the day, I’m thankful the roads were clear so we can take another trip to the bulk food store. We found a shorter route (take that, GPS lady), but also were able to explore on our way back.
What are you thankful for today? Share your gratitude in the comments or link up your own post.