1. I’m thankful for my freshly painted kitchen. I helped Peter paint it on Sunday. While I was at work on Monday, he painted part of the living room. We are both pleased with the new color.
2. I’m thankful that it was warm enough on Sunday to play outside with Philip and Roscoe. Those boys need fresh air.
3. I’m thankful that my car didn’t actually remain stuck in driveway on Monday when I tried to leave for work.
6. I’m thankful for the package that I received in the mail on Monday. Curious? You’ll have to read my Sunday Slideshow post.
7. I’m thankful to be listening to Oliver Sacks’ latest work Hallucinations. It has been reassuring to learn that hearing, seeing, feeling or smelling things that aren’t there doesn’t automatically make you insane. There are many reasons why people experience hallucinations. One of those reasons is hearing loss. Now I understand why I think I hear sounds that don’t exist. It’s just how our brains work.
8. I’m thankful that Philip got to go to school on Thursday. Despite not going to school, he has been verbalizing and using his iPad to communicate, writing his letters, and being crafty. In fact, I felt obligated to get out the glue and tape on Thursday night since he used the iPad to request them. I didn’t want to because he was supposed to be in bed sleeping.
9. I’m thankful that a colleague and I were able to have lunch with our former coworker on Friday. It was so great to see her, to chat, to laugh together, and to eat some very tasty food.
10. I’m thankful I discovered Philip on top of his TV. Actually, I would have preferred that he not climb on top of his TV, but at least I was able to help him down and avoid catastrophe for both television and child.