— Lizzi; Considerer (@LRConsiderer) January 18, 2014
Once again, Lizzi has thrown down the gratitude gauntlet.
Yeah, I don’t know what that means either.
So, without further ado, here are my Ten Things of Thankful.
1. I’m thankful for the “All Fitness TV” streaming channel on my Roku.
2. In a related note, I’m glad no one was there to witness my attempt at “Beginning Belly Dance” courtesy of said streaming channel. I’ve never felt so uncoordinated in my life. Despite my lack of coordination and fake-it-until-I-make-it moves, I’m proud to say I was up and moving for those twenty minutes rather than sitting on my expanding tuckus as I’ve been wont to do of late.
3. I’m thankful the weather was nice enough last weekend for several outdoor strolls. It saved me from further embarrassment or abdominal strain caused by my pseudo-belly dancing.
4. Even though they contribute to the aforementioned tuckus, I’m still thankful for the client who mailed a huge bag of chocolate and coconut covered macadamia nuts from Hawaii to a coworker that was willing to share them. These things are amazing!
5. I’m thankful that same coworker likes to buy purses that match her shoes because then she ended up cleaning out her overflowing closet and sharing like-new purses with her colleagues. I ended up with a cute little thing that I would never in million years buy for myself because I’m boring and buy practical handbags in solid colors (usually brown or black). This one will make feel stylish.
6. I’m thankful that my husband repainted several interior doors in our house. We have a lot of painting to do around our new home, but the freshly painted doors already class the place up.
7. I’m thankful for a three-day weekend. Heck, I can’t believe I didn’t start with that one!
8. I’m thankful for public libraries. Not only did Philip and I have fun last weekend at the craft workshop, yesterday I stocked up on books and DVDs for the long weekend. I picked up a nice yoga video since belly dancing isn’t my thing, plus we’re having a Die Hard marathon. Yippee-ki-yay, mother******!
9. I’m thankful for other forms of cheap entertainment for Philip. You should see how happy he is that we bought a roll of twine, two bags of balloons, and transparent tape. The kid is in heaven!
10. I’m thankful to see several of my blogging acquaintances join me in taking the pledge to Blog for Mental Health 2014. I’m also thankful to know that my readers will consider taking the pledge themselves or will go visit the blogroll and leave a supporting comment for one of the participants. You did that, right? Well, why are you still reading this sentence? Go. Pledge or comment. You’ll be thankful you did.