UNLEASH THE THANKFUL at the #TToT? http://t.co/4eyJLaccjq @cynkingfeeling
— Lizzi; Considerer (@LRConsiderer) January 18, 2014
Once again, Lizzi has thrown down the gratitude gauntlet.
Yeah, I don’t know what that means either.
So, without further ado, here are my Ten Things of Thankful.
1. I’m thankful for the “All Fitness TV” streaming channel on my Roku.
2. In a related note, I’m glad no one was there to witness my attempt at “Beginning Belly Dance” courtesy of said streaming channel. I’ve never felt so uncoordinated in my life. Despite my lack of coordination and fake-it-until-I-make-it moves, I’m proud to say I was up and moving for those twenty minutes rather than sitting on my expanding tuckus as I’ve been wont to do of late.
3. I’m thankful the weather was nice enough last weekend for several outdoor strolls. It saved me from further embarrassment or abdominal strain caused by my pseudo-belly dancing.
4. Even though they contribute to the aforementioned tuckus, I’m still thankful for the client who mailed a huge bag of chocolate and coconut covered macadamia nuts from Hawaii to a coworker that was willing to share them. These things are amazing!
5. I’m thankful that same coworker likes to buy purses that match her shoes because then she ended up cleaning out her overflowing closet and sharing like-new purses with her colleagues. I ended up with a cute little thing that I would never in million years buy for myself because I’m boring and buy practical handbags in solid colors (usually brown or black). This one will make feel stylish.
6. I’m thankful that my husband repainted several interior doors in our house. We have a lot of painting to do around our new home, but the freshly painted doors already class the place up.
7. I’m thankful for a three-day weekend. Heck, I can’t believe I didn’t start with that one!
8. I’m thankful for public libraries. Not only did Philip and I have fun last weekend at the craft workshop, yesterday I stocked up on books and DVDs for the long weekend. I picked up a nice yoga video since belly dancing isn’t my thing, plus we’re having a Die Hard marathon. Yippee-ki-yay, mother******!
9. I’m thankful for other forms of cheap entertainment for Philip. You should see how happy he is that we bought a roll of twine, two bags of balloons, and transparent tape. The kid is in heaven!
10. I’m thankful to see several of my blogging acquaintances join me in taking the pledge to Blog for Mental Health 2014. I’m also thankful to know that my readers will consider taking the pledge themselves or will go visit the blogroll and leave a supporting comment for one of the participants. You did that, right? Well, why are you still reading this sentence? Go. Pledge or comment. You’ll be thankful you did.
14 thoughts on “Ten Things of Thankful #31”
That was a cool list of things to be thankful for. I’m slightly jealous of your Hawaiian chocolate treats 🙂 Don’t feel so bad about being uncoordinated, I’m uncoordinated when it comes to walking. You aren’t alone there. I’m also excited about the three day weekend, I might be able to get things done around this house. Thank you for this post, it was really cool.
P.S- Jealous of the purse giveaway 😀
I laughed when I read your comment about uncoordinated walking. This summer, I fell twice. I now have a scar on my knee, but I feel like I need one of those “X days accident free” signs around my neck.
Oh yeah, I do too for sure. I was walking out of a 7 eleven parking lot in the middle of summer. No rain, ground was drier than the desert. I walked through the parking lot and tripped on air, landing straight on my butt. Worse yet, there were top cops there pulling over someone for a DUI.
..They didn’t question me, they just laughed.
I’m jealous of the chocolate coconut macadamia nuts. Yum!
Another person suggested I try belly dance this week. I may give it a try if I can find it on-demand.
I am definitely a “practical” purse buyer. And I’m terrible – I pretty much only buy one when the previous workhorse dies. Maybe I should think about trying new colors and such this year.
Three days weekends? Always!
Lots of great moments of thankful here – have a wonderful week!
Blogging for mental health sounds like a really worthy cause. I doubt I’d have the stickability to do it, but I’m glad it exists.
YAY for your new purse. I’m a shoes gal myself, but I get that it works differently for people who are purse gals. No pic of said purse? I wanna know what it’s like now.
Belly dancing is great (and VERY good for your muscles). I went for a few months when I was younger. The figure-8 things with the hips are pretty cool. And the shimmying. But all the other women in the class took it SO SERIOUSLY, and my friend and I were in the back absolutely wetting ourselves laughing. Needless to say after a few sessions of shaking our thang, giggling and getting glared at, we gave up. Super fun though.
The “Blog for Mental Health” project doesn’t require any set number of posts, so there’s nothing to stick to except the pledge and maybe one post some time in the year.
I added a picture of the purse. I didn’t get a chance to take one before publishing the post.
Well thanks for adding the pic – it’s a very cool purse indeed 😀 I can see why it made your list.
Hmmm. I’ll check out the mental health thing. It’s something I’d like to get behind if I can. So important to be raising awareness. Thanks for cluing me in a bit more 🙂
I’m thankful for reading your list. It reminds me to be thankful of some of the little things in life I take for granted… like a freshly painted door and the person who did it.
Thanks for sharing about the Blog for Mental Health Project…a very worthy cause…you’ve given me something to contemplate…to join or not to join?!
belly dancing, huh?
hey! have you gotten the invite to the Friday Night Vid Chat? (lol… no! I just happen to remember that Fridays are getting popular and certainly there is no connection between the two… did I mention it was a video chat?)
enjoyed reading your Post
Until I master the art of belly dancing, said belly will remain covered. 🙂
Public libraries are such a jewel! We always got our movies there rather than renting them. I’m a little bad about getting my books back in time, but the way I look it, the library can then use my overdue fines to buy MORE good books and movies.
I’m thinking belly dancing is one of those things that you are either meant to do or not. I am in the “not” category.
Love the purse, especially because it was free! I am a boring purse person, too, but mostly because I have a couple of specifications a purse MUST HAVE and that usually narrows my choice down pretty far.