Lizzi has outdone herself this week. Right on the heels of her renegade Christmas week Ten Things of Thankful, she is offering bloggers the opportunity to reflect on 2013 and list not ten but twelve things of thankful. Here is my list.
2. I’m thankful for the progress that Philip has made in his communication skills thanks to his iPad with speech app.
3. I’m thankful that my sister-in-law is now cancer-free following her mastectomy.
4. I’m thankful that we managed to keep two of the original eight fish alive in the tank we bought this spring. The two survivors were thriving after the move, but I’m glad we added to their ranks. The new additions seem to be getting along swimmingly. <Insert rim shot here.>
5. I’m thankful that Philip’s lead levels have decreased.
7. I’m thankful that I got to meet Peter’s relatives this weekend when we took a day trip to Michigan.
9. I’m thankful I went to my 20th high school reunion this summer.
10. I’m thankful for Philip’s preschool. I know he’ll be happy to return to school on Monday.
11. I’m thankful for Philip’s improved eating habits.
12. I’m thankful for all of the free family activities available in our community. I look forward to many more great experiences in the new year.
Wishing you and yours a happy new year.